I wrote this policy to help you understand how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal information. I’ll try my best to keep you from falling asleep with all the legal stuff.
If you provide information to me (by any means, whether in person, in correspondence, via our website or otherwise) you’re agreeing to let me use that information how I state in this policy. This includes email, text, live chat, and other electronic messages. You are welcome to not agree with this policy, but that means you may not use the website or any of these communication methods I’ve mentioned.
I may change up the policy as needed to reflect changes in my processes. When I do, I’ll post the date of the changes here.
How I get to know you
I use the information collected from your actions and messages to better communicate and understand your needs or how to improve my website or messages.
This information is collected when you provide it on my website, social media channels, at our events, through your participation in surveys, via text messages or on the telephone. The types of personal information I may collect include:
- contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other telephone number);
- username and password if you have registered an account with us;
- payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code, delivery address, and billing address);
- purchase, return, wish list and transaction information;
- photographs, comments and other content you provide;
- information regarding your personal interests, date of birth, experiences with our products, and shopping and contact preferences;
- social media information;
Information Collected and Stored
The information collected can include:
- IP address,
- unique device identifier,
- browser characteristics,
- domain and other system settings,
- search queries,
- device characteristics,
- operating system type,
- language preferences,
- referring URLs,
- actions taken on my site,
- dates and times of website visits,
- metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device.
- how you found our website and what you’ve clicked on
All this technology also helps with storing your shopping cart for you to come back later and finish your purchase.
You can opt out of these by changing your settings in your browser and email client. However, you may not be able to access all the features of my website.
If you use the share buttons on my website (which I really wish you would do), interact with me on social media (again, I really wish you would) or access our Facebook shop, I will be able to see some of the information you provide to the social social media platform. What all information I see is entirely dependent on your privacy settings. So if you don’t want me to see anything, please lock that down.
How I Use Your Information
Here’s a list of the ways I may use your information. If your jurisdiction requires, I will ask your consent first.
- to provide our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide requested products and services including, as applicable, order confirmation, billing, and delivering products or services;
- to process and track orders;
- to respond to comments, questions, or concerns;
- to prevent and detect fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- to improve or develop new services and product offerings;
- to identify, offer, and contact you with personalized content and advertising, including newsletters, articles, product or service alerts, new product or service announcements, savings awards, event invitations, and other information;
- to conduct market research, surveys, and similar inquiries to help us understand trends and customer needs across product categories or customer groups;
- to alert you about a product safety announcement or recall or correction of an offer, promotion, or advertisement;
- to enroll you in loyalty or other programs, and enter you into sweepstakes and promotions or contact you regarding a contest prize;
- to keep a record of our interactions with you if you place an order or otherwise deal with our representatives over the telephone or online;
- to notify you of changes to our Website or any products or services we offer;
- for marketing and promotional purposes;
- to verify and validate your identity to reduce credit risk and manage collections;
- to ensure that your shopping experience is as easy and pleasant as possible;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights; and
- to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
I use 3rd-party analytics software on the website, Google Analytics ( http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html ), to help analyze how you use my website. I also use 3rd-party software to marketing emails. The information collected will be shared with these software providers along with other 3rd-parties that help in evaluating this data. If you really feel like you need to, you can opt-out here: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
I use 3rd-party ad networks, some of which include Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/policies/ads ) or Google AdWords ( https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en ) to show ads. These ad networks let me show the ads to people based on specific criteria they know or glean from their users, such as demographics, interests or content they view.
I also use the cookies from my site to show you relevant ads. I track your activities and behavior on my site through use of 1st and 3rd-party cookies, web server logs, pixels and web beacons. The ad networks then use this information to show ads that you might actually be interested in.
The ad networks collect information for me that tells me when someone see my ads, what page and website they were on when they saw it and how they interacted with them. This information is gathered on my website and the websites participating in these ad networks that you visit. I’m able to understand if my ads are effective or not with this information. Click the links above to learn how to opt-out of the ads.
Information I Share
I know your personal information is important to you and needs to be kept secure. Sometimes I need to share this information with others, so I want to lay out all the ways I do share it.
There may be times law enforcement may request information. I will always comply when legally required. It is possible that the business may one day change ownership. If this happens all personal information would be transferred to the new owner. I will try my best using reasonable efforts to notify you if that happens, so you are aware.
How I Protect Your Personal Information
Online and in real locations I use commercially reasonable security measures to help prevent the loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration of your information. I do as much as I can to keep your information safe, but with as many bad guys out there, I can’t guarantee that nothing will ever happen.
The best way for you to help keep your data safe is to never provide your information in an email. If you receive an email that looks like it’s from me and it’s asking for your password, username, payment information or other personal information it’s not me. I’ll never do that.
The website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology (that’s the https and the lock symbol in the address bar). This is the industry standard for securing online transactions and exchange of information on a website.
Your Options and How to Opt-Out
Please contact me with any questions or requests to update your information, your preferences or remove your data. There is always an unsubscribe link in all marketing emails for you to easily remove yourself from the mailing list. All opt-out or unsubscribe requests are handled as quickly as possible, so I don’t bug you with messages you don’t want. Keep in mind there may be a delay from the time of the request to when the task it is physically completed. Heads up that I’ll continue to contact you by phone or email for any sales orders even after you opt-out of marketing messages.
You’re free to ask for access to any information I keep about your or ask to correct, change or delete or block. Simply contact me with any requests. You’re also able to change your mind about previous consent to providing or processing your information. Just let me know and I’ll make those changes.
As a parent, I know how important the privacy of a child is. I do not market to children, so I do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. If you think your child has provided us with personal information, please contact me. Please visit the FTC's website at www.ftc.gov for tips on protecting children's privacy online.
Do Not Track Policy
Some browsers have a "do not track" feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want your online activities tracked. At this time, my website does not respond to web browser "do not track" requests or similar.
Links to Third Party Sites and Services
Your Account Access
The website provides a way for you to register and login to view or update your information regarding your orders. Your information is kept for as long as I or my team feels it is necessary, but will remove it when required by law or your request.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits individual California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please write to us at the following address:
Ingrid Caduri Jewelry - California Privacy Rights
320 S. University St.
Vermillion, SD 57069
Your data may be transferred from, to and stored in servers and databases and processed in various countries around the world including those in and out of the European Economic Area. You are giving your consent for the transfer to, processing and storage of your information in countries outside of the country you live in when you provide your information.